Virtual Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Care and You
During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, Virtual Physiotherapy Rehabilitation provides you, our clients, a chance to continue to improve strength, functionality, and mobility. While this option is not meant to replace hands-on, in-person assessments or treatments, it provides an effective way to continue to support and improve your well-being and rehabilitation.
Book your virtual physiotherapy appointment today in 5 steps:
To Book an Appointment:
- Create an account with "My Health Access" online or through their app. To do so you will need to enter your name, email, province, health card number, and phone number. By setting up your “My Health Access”, it also provides you the convenience of booking your own appointments from the times available. MY HEALTH ACCESS
- Follow the email prompts to confirm your account and password.
- Add "The Elliott Sports Medicine" to your clinic list. The clinic will need to confirm this request before you can proceed to the next steps. An email will be sent to you once this occurs, and you can go forward with your appointment booking.
- Use the "Book Appointment" tab to choose the clinic, physiotherapist, appointment type (if you have not seen a provider before OR it is a new injury, it must be an assessment), date, and time.
- You will receive an email reminder for your appointment time, and an email when you can log into the call. Again, this can be done on your laptop or through the app on your cell phone.
What to Expect With Your Virtual Appointment:
Our assessments and treatments will still be thorough and evidence based despite our separate locations. Using a digital “face-to-face” appointment, you will connect with your physiotherapist who can provide real-time feedback and education, all the while actively taking you through your rehabilitation session.
So much can still be done online! Exercise prescription with only the equipment you already have in your home, education, self-application of taping demos, movement analysis, etc are some of the things you can expect.
What About Billing and Your Coverage for Virtual Physiotherapy?
- Many insurance companies are now covering virtual physiotherapy assessments/follow ups. These may include: Canada Life, Green West Life, Green Shield Canada, Equitable Life of Canada (in certain plans), Manulife, Medavie Blue Cross, and Sun Life Canada. (Please call your insurance company to confirm you are covered for virtual appointments).
- 60 minute initial assessments will remain at $90, follow ups increased to 30 minutes in length will be $65.
- You will receive a receipt by email that you can use for reimbursement if your insurance covers a virtual physiotherapy appointment.
- To pay, we can take your credit card details over the phone (please have your credit card information ready with you at your scheduled appointment time), or accept e-transfers to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us a call if you have any questions, but you can book directly online once you are ready!